The global pandemic has brought a whole range of new challenges to ecommerce entrepreneurs. This is particularly true of smaller and independent online businesses that sometimes lack the resources to weather the storm the same way larger corporations can. Fortunately, Shopify partners are stepping up to provide the help that any struggling ecommerce merchant might require. In these difficult times, an experienced Shopify consultant is exactly what you need to navigate the treacherous terrain and ensure success online.
Shopify partners provide a whole range of services such as web design & development, marketing, and app development among others. The following article spotlights three areas where you can gain access to these Shopify superheroes. This will help you identify the precise services and products you need to find success during COVID-19 and beyond.
1. The Shopify Experts Marketplace
The first port of call for any merchant seeking expert help from a Shopify consultant should be the Shopify experts Marketplace. Here you can search for Shopify consultants according to their area of expertise. These are divided into six areas:
- Marketing and sales.
- Store setup.
- Development and troubleshooting.
- Visual content and branding.
- Content writing expert guidance.
These services cover everything a merchant could need, whether you’re just setting up your store or you’ve been established for years. As well as browsing these categories, you can also post specific job requests and invite Shopify experts to write proposals.
Extra Support During COVID-19
Shopify has now even established a range of services specifically designed to help merchants overcome the challenges of the pandemic. These include:
- Enacting conversion rate optimisation strategies. You can institute tried and tested methods for building customer loyalty and converting site visitors into paying customers. By adding elements to your store such as product recommendations and loyalty programs, you can quickly see an increase in sales.
- Utilising multiple sales channels. If you’ve experienced a decline in traffic during the pandemic, increasing the number of sales channels you employ could help. A Shopify consultant can help you sell through sites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Optimising your Shopify store’s settings. The more technical side of ecommerce is often the hardest to turn to your advantage. With the help of a Shopify expert, however, areas like payment and shipping options can be seamlessly configured to boost your store’s performance.
- Setting up, configuring, and designing your store. If you’re just setting out on your ecommerce journey, you may need a little help getting things going. This is doubly true now, given the difficulties that the coronavirus pandemic has caused ecommerce merchants. Fortunately, you can find Shopify consultants to run website audits and offer advice on improving your store’s existing setup.
- Shifting business from in-person to online sales. This is a particularly useful area, as social distancing policies have necessitated the closure of many brick-and-mortar stores. With the help from Shopify consultants delivering this service, you’ll be able to grow your online presence in no time.
- Adding subscription and gift card functionality to your store. Gift cards and subscriptions can be a great way to stimulate sales growth for your store. This strategy is especially useful if the pandemic has caused a lull in your business.
2. The Shopify Partners Facebook Page
If you prefer making connections via social media, the Shopify Partners Facebook Page could be for you. With over 70,000 members in this group, it gives you an idea about the amount of help you can find here.
Within the community section of the page, there are many Shopify merchants posting requests for help. As this page is a direct line to tens of thousands of talented Shopify consultants, you can be sure to find what you’re looking for. This forum provides a more informal way of finding assistance. As such, you can start a casual conversation with a Shopify expert without worrying about committing to anything.
There are also regular posts from Shopify, Shopify partners, and merchants sharing news and ideas. It’s a terrific source of useful information that can really help you buoy your online store through the pandemic and beyond.
3. The Shopify App Store
The Shopify platform provides access to a vast ecosystem of over 4,500 applications to develop and enhance stores. You can browse through the range of plug-ins on the Shopify App Store.
Thankfully, Shopify has now created four collections of apps that are specifically selected to help stores, which may be struggling during the pandemic. A list of these is available below:
- Shipping assistance. Providing flexible delivery and pick-up options can help to increase conversions. The apps in this collection make it easier to implement these features.
- Store setup. From adding terms and conditions checkboxes before checkout to creating a new landing page, these apps help your offline business to make the transition online.
- Boost sales online. Find help with marketing, loyalty programs, upselling & cross selling, and so much more. This collection is a treasure-trove for merchants that are focussed on improving online sales.
- Customer communication. These apps help you to build stronger connections with your customers. This includes solutions that help to establish blogs, run email marketing campaigns, add live chat, and more.
Hire A Shopify Consultant & Drive Growth In A Time Of Crisis
The past 12 months have been a difficult time for all, including Shopify merchants. The good news is that there are expert Shopify consultants available not only to help you stay afloat but to also thrive amidst the circumstances.
Whether you’re looking to get your ecommerce business off the ground, introduce strategies to sell more online or integrate third party apps that enhance the functionality and performance of your store, you can contact Pluro to discuss your needs with a Shopify consultant.